- A marinade - yogurt tenderizes meat proteins more gently than regular marinades. Acidic or citrus-based marinades can toughen proteins to rubbery consistency, yogurt slowly tenderizes them, this is because of the good microbes and also the lactic acid in the yogurt. The nicest bit is that a yogurt marinade creates a textured and delicious crust around the meat regardless of marinating time. This is because when your meat hits the heat, the dairy is the first to caramelizes. You’ll still have crispiness you would with traditional marinades , but there will be an underlying softness (almost like a layer of insulation) from the caramelized dairy proteins and sugars.
- A teaspoon of harissa stirred into Velvet Cloud, use as sauce to drizzle over the cooked barbequed meats. A perfect gluten free barbeque sauce
- Crush two cloves of garlic into a bowl of Velvet Cloud, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, add salt and pepper, and if you have any mint add that too chopped up. This is great for dipping flatbreads, veg sticks or nachos, while everyone waits for the meat to be cooked.
- A squeeze of tomato purée and fist of grated sheep’s cheese or parmesan cheese into some Velvet Cloud yogurt, stir this mix into warm pasta which you have just cooked and add a fist of basil leaves and you have a creamy warm and seriously quick pasta salad. Depending on what’s in the fridge, sometimes we also add any of : chopped chorizo, coloured peppers, spring onions or red onions.
- Dessert - chop strawberries, or whatever summer berries you have to hand. Crumble up some dry meringue. In the serving glasses /blows you are going to use layer, Velvet Cloud yogurt, meringue and strawberries and repeat.
If you want to try for yourself and you've often wondered what does sheep's milk taste like, here is a link to a free sample of Velvet Cloud yogurt https://velvetcloud.ie/products/free-sample-velvet-cloud-sheep-s-milk-yogurt-450g
And if you like these above there are lots more healthy and delicious recipes that we have tried and tested here