2 slightly soft pears
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
130g Velvet Cloud Sheep's milk yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
Preheat oven to 200 C.
Peel each pear; cut in half lengthwise. Remove cores with a melon baller or spoon. Combine butter and vinegar. Drizzle about half of butter mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Arrange pear halves, cut side down, in baking dish; drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 450° until pears are tender, for about 15 to 18 minutes. Meanwhile, combine yogurt and honey, stirring well. Stir in ginger. Arrange 2 pear halves in each of 2 small bowls; drizzle with any juices or butter mixture remaining in baking dish. Serve with yogurt mixture.
- Eat on its own or with some fresh fruit, honey, or granola
- In curries, stews/casseroles or as a side with any of these
- With fish/lamb/game either as a side or marinade
- Side dips, with or without garlic, mint, dill, or lemon
- A big creamy blob on some warm winter soup