The perfect accompaniment for white fish
Inspired by chef Martin O Donnells - Roasted Monkfish With Kale & Cherry Tomato Salad which he cooked on Ireland AM recently, I tried this dish out using cod, and it worked beautifully, the creaminess of the warm salad worked perfectly with the spice of the harissa on the fish.
200g fresh white fish of your choice
1 premade 300 g tub harissa paste
200g cherry tomato all cut in half
300g Velver Cloud sheep's milk yogurt
50g milled dillisk
Good quality of olive oil
1. Rub the fish with the prepared harissa paste and allow to marinate for a few hours for best results …place onto a lined tray and roast in pre heated oven at 220 c for 8 – 12 minutes depending on thickness. Allow to rest in warm place.
2. Take a peeler and run it along the courgette to get nice thick full shape peels / ribbons from the courgette until completed used. Wash the kale and chop into small pieces.
3. In a hot pan add a tbsp. of olive oil and fry the courgette ribbons for 1 minute, add the kale and a knob of butter and cook for 1 minute and finally added the chopped cherry tomatoes.
4. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl combine the Velvet Cloud yoghurt and dillisk and a squeeze of lemon and mix and allow to infuse for 5 minutes.
6. To plate up Martin spooned 2 tbsp. of the yoghurt onto each plate and swirled it around...he lay the monkfish on top and spooned over the warm courgette salad and drizzled with olive oil. I put the yogurt in a serving dish for the table and the warm salad on top. As in the photo below.